Monday, February 18, 2013

Waiting

I'm 38 weeks and two days today. I'm caught between the amazing feeling that little Stephen could come any day now and the hard reality that he could still be almost a month away...

Waaaaaah!

This is a very different countdown than the last big one I remember: our wedding day. With our wedding, there was so much to plan, very few uncontrollable variables for which to prepare, and a firm date.

With this...well, we've gathered the basics of what we'll need, but we can always get anything else along the way. Despite all of our research and preparation, we have NO idea what the actual event will be like. And, finally, only God knows what day he'll come.

So here I am: waiting. I'll find things to do...make an iTunes playlist, proofread the birth plan, do our taxes, and make Robbie lots of bacon for breakfast. But I really can't wait to meet this little fellow. Every hiccup and kick makes me wish even more that I could finally see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment