Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Waiting...still...

Hello all! Robbie here. I just felt that I should share what's going on right now in our lives. To begin, we are having a baby. Soon, anyway. The due date is officially March 2nd, but that just means it could happen any day now. Kate is fortunate enough to work for a company that is able to give her plenty of maternity leave (she started a week ago last Sunday). It has been wonderful to get to spend so much time with each other! Our days consist mostly of sitting around the house, walking, relaxing, watching a TON of movies, and just trying to be as rested as possible. I am fortunate enough to have a lull in gigs during this time of leave for Kate so we can spend it together guilt-free! :-P

So, it's been a lot of waiting these past few days in more than one sense. There's the baby, of course, but there is also waiting for a job for me.

Back in August of 2012, I auditioned for the Navy, specifically the Navy Fleet Band program. I passed the audition with flying colors, but, unfortunately, there were at that time no openings for French horn players. I was put on a waiting list of sorts and told that I would be alerted when there became an opening. Initially, I was told the wait could be up to 5 months, but one Navy individual said that the longest he had seen anyone on the wait list was 1.5 months, so I was optimistic. One month went by. Then two. Three, four, and five months. Then, a couple of weeks ago, I got a call from my recruiter stating that they'd like to get me in to fill out paperwork and get everything in line to get a job. I was ecstatic! I thought this was it! I was FINALLY getting a job. Not so. Turns out, they just wanted to get all my paperwork done ahead of time so, when there's an opening, I would be the first one to get called up. It was a positive step in the right direction, but still no official job. Sooo, I'm still on the wait list (it's very nearly been 6 months) and there's no sign as to when a spot might become available. I would hope that it woundn't be more than a few more months, but technially I have till early September before my audition "expires" and I would have to re-audition, something I would greatly like to avoid.

It's been a very trying time for me and Kate. At this point Kate is uncomfortable all the time due to the growing baby and I'm pretty stressed because there's no clear plan for us for the next 6 months and beyond. I know the Lord will provide; He always has for me. He does, however, from my experience, tend to wait till the last moment to provide, which I think is a lesson in trusting Him, but goodness is it a difficult trial.

I guess I'm asking for prayer for us at this time of great transition in our lives. I know prayer works, and if that's something you do, I would greatly appreciate it! :-)


    "For I know the thoughts I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."
 
        - Jeremiah 29:11

-RDB

No comments:

Post a Comment